Happy New Year! It’s time to take a look back at 2016 and celebrate successes and plan for improvements for the new year. It definitely was a mixed bag… There are some things I’m proud of and some that were less than stellar.
- Jake completed his thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail and came home after living in Hawaii for 4 years, Panama for 2 and the trail for 5 months. I lived vicariously through him and shared his excitement, at the same time concern for his safety, etc. I am so proud of him and the man he has become!! (Stay tuned for PCT2017.. yikes!)
- I’m having an excellent school year so far after moving back down to my room on the first floor and having a bit of a break without any 8th graders who need transition plans, alternate assessment binders, career development plans, secondary IEPs etc… Also, no ELL students so no Access testing either!
- This was the best summer yet with boating season running from April until Thanksgiving week, a trip to NH to recharge on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, and a glorious 2 weeks in Madeira Island.
- So far, so good with health of the family and friends.
- Giving up a “business” that was taking more out of me (time, money, etc) than giving me and being true to myself.
Some things I intend to focus on in 2017
- Moving more and spending less time with mindless time-suck activities. I need to actually carve out time and follow through on making fitness once again a priority. Not making excuses about time, injuries, etc and just pushing through whether I feel like it or not.
- Cleaning up my diet.. all that #boatlife and vacationing took its toll and I gained back all that I lost over the past 2 years. Time to get back to healthy, clean living, not only for the way I look and feel but most importantly for my health.
- Getting outside and into nature more. I’ve always been a nature girl and enjoy it when at the boat but I need that daily dose of fresh air year round.
- Meditate more and social media less… nuff said!
- Read more and enjoy more quiet time.
- Not get sucked into others’ drama. Live my quiet life with integrity and by my standards. Walk away and not participate or even listen to others’ gossip.
- Say “NO” more often!!!!!!!!!
- Appreciate everything.
- Love more!
- Be strong in my convictions no matter what.
- Keep raising my standards and not waiver.
- Declutter and let go.
- Be frugal (and convince him to as well) so that we can enjoy the big things in life… (hint, Madeira 2018!)
- Just be happy!